In our second episode of TalkCrunch we talk to LinkedIn CEO Reid Hoffman and August Capital VC David Hornik about social networks on the web. We also talk a bit about the main news from the past week, and other topics such as web video and podcasting. Podcast hosted by TechCrunch’s Michael Arrington and Nik Cubrilovic
- Web 2.0 news – companies mentioned: DabbleDB, Digg and recent fundraising (SixApart, FMPub, PodTech)
- Reid Hoffman on LinkedIn profitability and the ability to view Linkedin profiles without being logged in
- What is Social Networking 3.0?
- Microformats and social networking
- Web Identity: porting of Linkedin reputation and profile
- Podcast ends with discussion of VideoEgg, YouTube and user-generated content in general
Runtime 43:40m, Download 10.2MB